How To Find Vanishing Points In Perspective Drawing


lpp said...

You say -"This is what a cube looks like from a distance equal to the height of the cube"

But surely that is wrong -the height of the cube is D, while its distance to the observer is taken in the example as "side of the cube squared, times two, square root" by yourself.

Or am I missing something? Kindly do clarify as otherwise I have learnt much from this article.

Ben said...

You are correct, Ipp. Thank you for catching that. The article has been corrected. Also, I put a link at the end to my article about perspective drawing in art.

I would like to write an article soon about perspective rendering in computer graphics. It is similar to this but uses matrices.

Thanks again for your help!

lpp said...

Thanks for the link. Good stuff.

Post a Comment

Comments or names that include links or names of external websites will be marked spam.